The ACTION project assists Community and Social Enterprises to grow through the replication of good ideas, peer support and the development of ‘social franchises’. The project partners, the University of Wales Trinity Saint David and Dunhill Rural Enterprises Limited, are seeking to build upon our backgrounds in the Community and Social enterprise sectors, to build strong links and seek sustainable future revenue generation avenues for their respective communities.
More than anything, the ACTION project wants to build strong relationships with community and social enterprises in the project pilot regions of Carmarthenshire and County Waterford. ACTION can:-
- Support your social enterprise in identifying areas of market need or trading opportunities in the partner region.
- Provide information workshops for you to investigate the opportunities that ‘social franchising’ may offer your organisation.
- Support your social enterprise in identifying and highlighting sustainable income sources.
- Provide support and guidance to help you build a mutually beneficial partnership or collaboration agreement with a relevant organisation in the partner area.
- Support your organisation in designing, trailing and consolidating replication models.
The project aims to become a hub within the respective communities to document case studies, transfer best practice and ultimately to broker the replication, social franchising and partnership working which will help not only the sustainability of existing community and social enterprises, but help ‘scale-up’ the social dividend that these organisations can provide.
The ACTION project aims to become a genuinely sustainable cross-border initiative and has a dedicated project team ready to work with your not-for-profit organisation.
What we offer you is a genuinely different approach to working towards the future sustainability of your not-for-profit organisation. What we need from you is an ambition to extend the ‘social benefit’ of your organisation beyond your existing area and an open mind (a cuppa is always welcome too!).
The ACTION Project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Wales Ireland Programme (INTERREG 4A).